The 9th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM9) and the 3rd Mission Innovation Ministerial (MI-3) were co-hosted by the European Commission together with Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and the Nordic Council of Ministers and took place in the cities of Copenhagen and Malmö respectively, on May 22–24, 2018. The overall theme for the event was Energy Integration and Transition: towards a competitive and innovative low carbon economy. During this occasion, the GlobalABC sparked the Global Call for Low-Carbon, Energy Efficient and Resilient Buildings, whereby 6 countries (Argentina, France, Germany, Mexico, Morocco, Switzerland) signed the call, expressing the wish to commit to the implementation and common goal of putting buildings and construction on track towards a sustainable development path and our energy and climate goals.
Calling all the parties of the Paris Agreement to join us, we pledge to:
1. Take part in the shared development of a roadmap setting the objectives for the sustainable development of buildings and construction globally.
2. Develop, within the framework of our Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC), and publish national strategies for buildings and construction in line with the objectives of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, and aiming at carbon neutrality of this sector.
3. Establish systems to measure progress in limiting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from buildings and construction and enhancing resilience of the buildings sector.
4. Pursue these actions in consultation with local, national and international partners in the buildings and construction sector.
To enable the effective implementation of these commitments, we ask for:
5. The introduction of a global tracking of commitments, achieved progress and committed funds.
6. Increased share of funds contributing to development and for the fight against climate change to support action towards low carbon, energy-efficient and resilient Buildings in countries that need help
no file attached