Despite an increase in positive actions, we need to further scale up our efforts for zero emission buildings to become the norm. This session will emphasise the building sector’s potential, and showcase political commitments and positive examples of multi-stakeholder action, involving different parts of the buildings and construction sector value chain.
Impulse presentation followed by moderated roundtable discussion
Welcoming keynote: H.E. Mr Kimmo Tiilikainen, Minister of Housing, Energy and the Environment, Republic of Finland.
Moderators: Dr Christine Lemaitre, CEO, DGNB & Mr Ibrahim Thiaw, Deputy Executive Director, UN Environment (TBC)
Roundtable panel I, 15:00-15:45: Sustainable markets for sustainable buildings
- Dr Le Trung Thanh, Director General, Department of Science, Technology and Environment, Ministry of Construction, Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- Mr Tetsuo Iku, Executive Vice President & Director, in Charge of Technical and Environment Personnel, Sekisui House, LTD.
- Ms Manuela Ojan, Executive Committee member of GBC Italia and Italcementi-Heidelberg Cement Group.
- Mr Mauricio Vila, Mayor of the City of Merida, Capital of the state of Yucatan, United Mexican States.
Roundtable panel II, 15:45-16:30: Sustainable Buildings for sustainable cities
- Mr Jochen Flasbarth, State Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, Federal Republic of Germany.
- Mr Leszek Drogosz, Director of Infrastructure, City of Warsaw, Republic of Poland.
- Ms Julia Panzer, Director, Strategic Communication, Danfoss.